Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Oops! I Made An Error...

You may recall a post I did a few weeks back where I was lamenting over the rapid usage of my available Novantrone? Perhaps you didn't even read this post or have already forgotten it? If this is the case...GOOD! I made a tactical calculation error...*sigh* Fortunately, my Novantrone calculation error will be working in my FAVOR which, by all standards, is a "good thing". LOL I never was very good at math...

After multi-email conferencing this past week with Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named (full of my laments), my Novantrone calculation error was discovered. I had been coercing her (basically by constant bombardment of emails) to begin the process of re-introduction of Tysabri as my next medication treatment of choice. You see, I was under the impression my LIFETIME MAXIMUM DOSAGE of Novantrone was 142mg. Since I have already received 75mg total in my 3 prior treatments, I was believing I could only get another 67mg of the blue juice (yes, THAT basic math DOES add up!)...or approximately 2-3 more doses.


Well, being the sometimes brilliant neuroscientist she is (and sometimes just average, but I'd never tell HER that!), Dr. SWWNBN finally understood my frantic email mode and fiery questions about the urgency of the Tysabri talk. She clarified my mathematical error: My LIFETIME DOSE OF NOVANTRONE IS 142mg/m2. Whoot, you say?!? What in hell's tarnation does THAT mean?!?


Basically it means I am eligible for 12-13 doses of Novantrone instead of 5-6...I know...I don't "exactly" understand these brilliant calculations either. LOL But whatever the case, this is fabulous news...I will be able to remain on the Novantrone for up to 3 years if I need it (barring, of course, any development of congestive heart failure or leukemia...minor details).


So, it appears I will be skipping down the merry path of Novantrone for at LEAST several more months. Who knew something so poisonous could be such a godsend?


Off now to study more algebra and trigonometry. LOL...yeah right...I can barely even SPELL the words...

2 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Was there any calculus or particle physics involved?

Miss Chris said...

A math genius I'm not...I wouldn't have figured that one out either!