So, in keeping with the spirit of the Ironing of the Sheets (and I STILL believe this is a "spirited" act!), I give you a small list of just a few of the items that came to mind:
1. I regularly floss my teeth in the shower/tub (I even keep the dental floss in the enclosure!)
2. I almost always watch the news on TV with the sound OFF (unless there is something of particular interest I want to hear)
3. I ALWAYS sleep with some type of fan blowing on me at night...even in the dead of winter...AND I run my heater at the same time.
4. I do not and will not carry a purse, preferring a 10 pound book bag to lug with me everywhere I go.
5. The ONLY citrus fruit I eat is orange juice...unless you can call Starburst Fruit Chews "citrus".
6. I collect the currently minted US Quarter series...but only by "chance" in change given back to me when I purchase an item (and I AM up to date with these!).
7. If given the opportunity, I prefer to eat fudge bars with a knife by slicing off thin strips from the sides until I get down to the stick.
8. Twice a year, I clean the interior of my car...with Q-Tips (there are just cracks and places I can't reach otherwise!).
9. I have a serious phobia about entering banks...I try to do this only twice a year if possible (when I buy my niece and nephew savings bonds for birthdays) and do all of my banking either via ATM or online.
10. When saving cash at home (see #9), I will IRON it (yep there's that iron again!) before placing it in an envelope so it fits nicely without "bulking" out my envelope...a thin envelope is also easier to "hide" under mattresses or behind picture frames!
11. I absolutely refuse to vomit if at all humanly possible. I will stand outside in freezing temperatures in my underwear if I have to...the drastic temp change often wards off a good puke!
12. I have clothes in my closet from over 15 years ago (and about 50 pounds lighter) that I refuse to discard because I "might" fit into them again one day (which are probably threads now!).
13. If I find a pair of shoes that fit "perfectly", I will often buy at least two pair...in brown and black.
14. I wear a rain coat year round in Seattle if a "coat" is needed...even if temps drop below freezing...I just layer more clothes underneath to stay warm (because I HATE the way bulky coats feel).
15. I prefer Stove Top Stuffing at Thanksgiving over ANY homemade stuffing (but don't tell my friends or family who might invite me over for the big meal!).
So...how's THAT for a list? Do YOU have any eccentricities that will make mine pale in comparison? Share them in the comment section...if you DARE!