I have somehow escaped the blog-tagging game called "meme" since I began writing BRAINCHEESE a year ago...whodda thunk I'd get "meme'd" today? On Day Three of the Downsize Me project no less...when I am caffeine free and have mindless WIND blowing through the cracks and crevasses of my mind!!!
But, in the spirit of blog play, I will attempt to respond to the meme, "Why Do You Blog", which you only have Mdmhvonpa to thank! Here's a link to this particular blog meme site if you're interested: http://www.soloseo.com/why-blog-meme.html . It also looks like I'm supposed to tag 5 other bloggers with this "gem of a game", so I apologize in advance to:
http://miss_suzy.typepad.com/my_weblog/ - Suzy
http://mymsjournal.blogspot.com/ - Jaime
http://www.rathnait.net/blog/ - Zee
http://journals.aol.com/mumma4evr/Mumma4evrslifeorlackthereof/ - Mumma4ever
http://objectofmyinjection.blogspot.com/ - Michelle
Consider yourself TAGGED, suckers! (Since I don't know how this really works anyway)...
So, without further ado, "WHY DO YOU (I) BLOG?":
1. In the borrowed words (and twisted somewhat) of Rene Descartes, "I BLOG, therefore, I am".
2. Blogging keeps me off the streets and out of the dark heroin and prostitute-infested alleys...I only go to those places now in my job!
3. Freud might say I blog because I have unmet sexual needs and desires, which are fulfilled through egocentric writing and an antisocial belief that I am all that matters...he MIGHT say that anyway.
4. I blog because it is cheaper than alcohol, drugs, batteries, high carbohydrate foods, caffeine, and all other things that bring me great pleasure.
5. And finally, I blog because I believe in the need and right for people to have access to information, especially pertaining to Multiple Sclerosis, which is hopefully delivered in a user-friendly forum of humor, where a sense of belonging and community is established...Whew! Who knew?!?
And yes, I AM still struggling with "Downsize Me"...here's the latest results, which I'll post in graph form another day:
Fatigue = 8
Sleep = 4.5
Weight = -.5
B/P = 136/94