Friday, April 20, 2007

Does This Brain Make My A$$ Look Too Big?...

I'm getting so good at posing for these MRI's, I'm considering quitting my day job and posing full time!
Here are just a few of the lovely pictures taken today...


Note the brain...it's still there. I WAS wondering about that.



Today was my 15th MRI. Why so many, you may be asking? Well...
Remember I participated in a Rituxan Study in 2005/2006...I had an MRI a month during that study. Not to mention, each time I have had to change disease modifying drugs, a new MRI has been ordered for "baseline" purposes. Let's face it...if gadolinium caused a big arse, I'd finally have an excuse for my hind quarters! LOL
The MRI test went fine today (as expected)...I am so versed in the procedure, I found myself slipping off my pants and bra as I entered the diagnostic lobby. I think this concerned the technicians somewhat...they would have preferred I waited until I got into the changing room...prudes!
I was so tired, I almost fell asleep in the "tube"...but past experience has told me I will get a stern "voice" in my ears via intercom if I do. Who knew I jerk like an epileptic when I sleep?!? MRI technicians are really anal about that...no movement...no coughing...no swallowing (for spinal MRI's)...and no chewing gum. All the things I am absolutely DRIVEN to do once the test begins!
As usual, I claimed my HIPAA right to have them make me a copy of the test for personal theater home viewing...I like to review the scan with some popcorn (and normally a Mountain Dew...but I won't GO there on day 7 of DOWNSIZE ME!!!) and a beverage. It's even better to have a viewing audience...lot's of "oooh's" and "aaah's" occur with an audience. Of course, the audience usually has no clue what they are looking at and I get to play pseudo-neurologist with my MS lecture and lesion locator. Mostly the audience is just impressed there is a machine that can produce such pictures, however...
I DO know a little about reading an MRI...one has to pick up SOMETHING in visual knowledge after having 15 of the darned things! My favorite thing to do is to email Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named immediately after I view the CD/films (hopefully before she has had a chance to see them) and declare everything looks fine, no changes, and that I believe she has misdiagnosed me. She, in turn, will usually email me back and laugh heartily at my ignorance...
This time, the CD/films will have to be SENT to her office (due to Club Med's changing of my appointment and location), so I will not hear from her most likely until sometime later next week...I have another dose of Novantrone scheduled for next Friday, so I imagine Dr. SWWNBN will have something to say about my pictures by then...if nothing else, she will need to make fun of my pinhead!
And on that dreaded side note that I have avoided typing about...DAY 7 OF DOWNSIZE ME...all I can say is, I am glad it is the weekend! I am hoping to catch up on some sleep and stay away from human beings for a bit. Without caffeine, I have noticed I am starting to turn on them (humans) like a rabid dog!!!
The good news is...if you can call self-punishment "good"...I have lost 2.5 pounds, my fatigue may be slightly improved, my sleep is about a half hour more a night, and I have NOT had another migraine!
Happy Weekend...

No comments: