Friday, August 31, 2007

Some Things Are Best Left Unsaid...

For instance...talk about my "mood" of late? Best left unsaid. Talk about the recent stressors of my job? Best left unsaid. Talk about my Multiple Sclerosis and current post steroid withdrawal? Best left unsaid.

So, given those parameters, there's just not a whole heck of a lot left TO say. LOL But some of you have commented and/or sent me emails *concerned* over the lack of my typical verbal diarrhea of late that usually gets posted here. I must confess. I just haven't been feeling all that well mentally and physically to be a wizard with words and find humor in the mundane of my life. I have been trying to decompress from a harsh work week and wean myself off the Prednisone the past few days...both of these actions have been a full time endeavor.


I've also been fairly focused on preparations for the MS150 ride, which is now less than a week away. As the self-appointed "tent mother", I have several errand tasks and food projects to accomplish BEFORE next Thursday...Saint EB and I will be heading to LaConner, WA on the 6th of September and I have a lot to get done before then. Like, for instance, baking about a gazillion dozen cookies, shopping for my new family of 30, and getting together decorations for our tent. I return to work on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, so I have a LOT to do in the remaining 3 days of my furlough.


Which reminds me...anybody have a good Pico de gallo recipe out there? Zee? Anybody? I need to make about a gallon of the stuff.

6 comments:

Sara said...

here is the recipe I go from but sometimes add corn to it and if using canned tomatoes, be sure to drain them well or it will become very juicy.

Steve said...

I always just make it with diced roma tomatoes, chopped white onion, cilantro and lime juice.

It's REALLY hard to mess it up! :D

Now... why do you need 1/2 gallon of the stuff???

Synchronicity said...

you sound so busy! will you get a chance for some relaxation anytime soon?

BRAINCHEESE said...

SARA:

Thanks! I'm probably going to combine a few favorite recipes...hopefully it will all turn out just fine...or not! LOL

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

STEVE:

Hard to mess it up, but sometime difficult to "tweek" to just the right level of HEAT! I'm a Southern gal...the more the eyes water, the better. LOL

Oh...the 1/2 gallon is because I'm feeding about 25 people...small village...

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

MERELYME:

After this event is over, I intend to fake a relapse for at least a month...or until someone notices I'm just laying around watching bad TV and eating junk food!

LD