Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Bad...

Thank you all for graciously humoring me with drive-by's here on CHEESE...in spite of my delinquency in getting to YOUR blogs to read and leave my deliciously intelligent comments (you know, like "huh"? and "woot"?...genius comes in small words. LOL). I HAVE been reading your posts in the very wee hours of the morning, but have been trying to preserve the minute bit of wicked wax I have left in my candle for other illumination. In other words, I've just been too friggin' tired and steroidally hyped up to comment! But I've still been reading. LOL

Today is my last shift of work before a 5 day furlough...Yes, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus AND a GOD! I've been burning my candle at both ends with very little sleep, roid rage, and fulfilling a most unholy schedule. I am looking forward to having at least one day of drowning in my own drool while eating bon bons and watching Oprah on the BoobTube (I have no idea why I say that? I never watch Oprah or eat bon bons...hey...but there's always a first!). My eyes are so bleary, I am worried I may get sent to the EAP for an alcohol assessment to be done ON ME. Oh, if ONLY I still imbibed in the nectar...sigh...


I'll be spending my 5 days away from work making final preparations for the MS150 Ride on September 8th and 9th...it's only a week away now! Saint EB, in between managing the move at our office, remains committed to the ride. It's inspiring to be around someone who has that...commitment. And I have "committed" myself (argh argh...work joke) to the party preparation team of ONE who will be arranging the "extras" for the 20+ team riders hanging out at our tent and wearing the "SMYELIN BABES" jerseys. As the team mascot, I'll be preparing the "comfort" zone...food, booze, decorations, cheering, massage, and whatever else is needed. Short of hand-stitching costumes for the riders or breast feeding, I'm becoming the team mascot mom...odd role I suppose for someone who FORGOT to have their own children. LOL


Well, I must go now and prepare for my final hours at work to either sink or swim...or I suppose there's always the option of being burned at the stake as well. LOL

14 comments:

Sara said...

have fun at work, alas my day is over (hee hee), didn't even attempt to go to the gym, just headed straight home for the comforts of my room & BED!!! Just glad that Wednesday is now over, only 2 more days to go :)

mdmhvonpa said...

Saaayyyy ... did you bathe this week?

Charles-A. Rovira said...

Where did you find the picture?

I'm trying to remember which movie it was from.

Was it one of the many releases of Joan of Arc?

Miss Chris said...

Go for it! Watch Oprah, eat all the bon-bons you want and lay around on the couch all day. Everyone needs a day like that once in a while. Except maybe the Oprah thing.

Bubbie said...

Eat all the bon bons you want but heed my warning: Don't watch Oprah!
Watching that show almost always pisses me off. If it's not her showcasing her favorite things, like a $300 pair of silk jammies or jar of miracle cream, that's a "must have" , "you can't live without", it's diet and excercise. I can't have a personal trainer and someone to prepare my every morsel, or afford any of her Favorite Things. Obviously I don't know "The Secret". Ms.O is outta touch.

Anonymous said...

you deserve every second of time off from work....wish I could come and visit and eat bon bons with you!!!
Becky

Sara said...

hope you're okay as it's Saturday here (prob still Friday for you) but haven't seen a post in a few days . . . course I'm one to talk - LOL

BRAINCHEESE said...

SARA:

I did NOT have fun at work...and DAYUM the fact your day is ahead of mine...LOL But then again, you also have to GET UP earlier. hehe

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

MDMHVONPA:

Oops! Was the stench that strong on the wind?!? LOL

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

CHARLES:

HEY! Good to see you...honestly, I have no idea where that picture came from other than a basic web search. Just did what I always do and STOLE it off the "innernet".

How have you been?

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

MISS CHRIS:

Amen on the Oprah thangy...my friends always know the level of sarcasm I stoop to when I mention laying around watching Oprah. They know I've been busy when I say that...How DID that woman build her empire anyway?!?

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

BUBBIE:

But seriously...tell me how you REALLY feel! LMAO

Yup, the O' is Out...

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

ANON/BECKY:

And I wish you could TOO! That way we could make fun of Oprah together...LOL

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

SARA:

ALive and breathing...heavily...my new phone sex job just takes up all my time...LOL

LD