Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Me Me ME!


This is the What’s In A Name Meme started by Two Moms In A Blog. I was tagged by MDMHVONPA of White Lightning Axiom: Redux (because he obviously HATES me!).

My name is: Linda


Origin: Spanish
Meaning: Beautiful


Possibly derived from several sources such as the shortened form of Belinda or Melinda, from the Spanish "linda" meaning beautiful, or the short form of Germanic names ending in "lind" meaning "tender, soft." The name was listed among the top 10 from 1940 to 1965 due to the success of actresses Linda Darnell and Linda Christian. The name has faded since that time but is still listed among the top 500.


Now, as you can see, I was obviously MISNAMED! I was the third girl born to a pair of tired parents who allowed my two older sisters (ages 4 and 8 at the time) to "name" me. Fortunately, common sense prevailed or I might be called "Melody" to this day! LOL


I am tagging: MISS CHRIS; MERELYME; and ZEE. You KNOW who you are! (And your blog links are displayed to the left over there, so EVERYONE can follow up!)

If you have been tagged, copy and paste all of this - from the image to the end of the instructions - into a blog post. Then, change the information to match your name and tag three other bloggers. If you don’t know what your name means, you can try looking it up on Baby’s Name World.

No comments: