Monday, August 20, 2007

Cubicle Hell...

Week number two of CUBICLE HELL commenced without fanfare on a dreary and rainy Monday morning in the fine Emerald City...as most of you know (and probably don't care), my office moved into a new swanky building last Friday, of which, we are NOT accustomed to!

And, I have had the unfortunate displeasure of working my every-seven-week rotation of daytime hours...I'm really not a morning person. But what's more important is, I'M REALLY NOT A MORNING PERSON ON STEROIDS EITHER!!!!


I am currently on day 3 of my oral Prednisone taper (60mg) for my recent MS "event"...I just can't bring myself to calling this episode a relapse, in spite of the condition. LOL It's sort of like labeling my recent physical activity "exercise"...it just doesn't rise to that grand occasion. But I am happy the steroids seem to be accomplishing their goal so far...lessening my "event" to a more manageable level of discomfort. The pain in my leg and foot is merely an annoyance and the numbness in my upper thigh is...well...still numb. But my steroidal brain just doesn't seem to care all that much about it!


GoodYear did call today to inquire whether or not I might be willing to place my body on standby status in the event their blimp should fail...I guess they've noticed my eating patterns also while on steroids. LOL I insisted my work partner stop almost every hour today while we were driving just so I could hit the closest convenience store for more food "supplies"...it's not easy satiating the grumbling steroid gods in my belly these days.


My sleep continues to be steroidally "challenged" as well...which may account for my sudden and dangerous MOOD SWINGS! Or not...hard to say. I find I can only rest in spurts while roid raging...


And, as you can probably tell by this post, my thoughts are a bit scattered and dare I say, "nonsensical"? So it's probably best I just sign off now...while the "gittin' is good"...and while I may still be clinging to a thread of dignity...LOL...

6 comments:

Sara said...

just keep reminding yourself about the exciting features the bathroom has to offer you ROFL

Steve said...

Try pushing both buttons at once!

mdmhvonpa said...

Relapse ... event ... hmm, how about a UNSCHEDULED REMINDER. Yep, that would do it.

BRAINCHEESE said...

SARA:

Dear God! How could I FORGET them?!? Most intriguing...

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

STEVE:

Hehe...already DID that trick! DIdn't seem to make much difference. Except I DID notice the water level on Puget Sound rise considerably for a few seconds. LOL

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

MDMHVONPA:

Yep...you get the picture. Kind of like those "surprise" attacks at my door by the LDS clan. They just serve as my friendly reminder religion is alive and thriving...LOL

LD