Friday, June 08, 2007

Stoopid People Annoy Me...

Of course, that title does NOT apply to anyone HERE on BrainCheese! "We" are all quite brilliant stars...LOL

There seems to be a thin line between stupidity and genius and I think what separates the truly "intelligent" from the annoyingly "stoopid" people is motivation...or a lack of it. LOL And maybe a few brain cells...


My mother used to say things to me like, "You're SMARTER than that!" when I would get myself in trouble for something or find myself in a pickle...I think she overestimated my intelligence on a few occasions. LOL But what I HAVE found to be true over the years is, if I stop and really think about things before I act, I DO seem to come across a bit more intelligent than I am...and maybe a bit higher up on the food chain. And if I APPLY myself to what I am doing (there's that motivation), I project not only a much more confident persona, but also a more thought out and intelligent approach to what I am doing.


I have run into many brilliant people and some downright stoopid people in my life...stoopid people really DO annoy me! And it is not because they are not SMART enough to figure things out or lack the ability...they just don't CARE to. Ignorant people do not annoy me...ignorant people don't have certain pieces of information and/or were not given basic concepts in their life to work with. Ignorant people CAN learn...and unfortunately, ignorant people can become STOOPID once they DO learn!


I am not allowed to speak/write about much of the work I do for a living...there's a lot of privacy surrounding my work and it's also just not "cool" to talk about mental illness. But, I have never found the mentally ill to be STOOPID...just some of the people who WORK with them!


Last night at work was a frustrating evening of "close encounters with the stoopid kind" (cue the music please...LOL). Every phone call I received seemed to have elements of stupidity to it (again, NOT the patients, but the folks who are supposed to be "brilliant" working with them)...I was unfortunately strapped to the call lines like someone blown against the wall of a wind tunnel...I could not escape.


Normally, I am quite a patient person with just about anyone...except...STOOPID PEOPLE! By the end of my night, I think my blood pressure was soaring at an all time high and I felt like a wrung out dish rag. I was exhausted from my encounters...


I have to go BACK to work today and...answer the phones again/triage. I went for a strenuous walk this morning in an effort to "regroup" myself physically and emotionally for my Friday evening encounters (Fridays are notoriously filled with panic calls because of the upcoming weekend and facilities that close for two days). I am quite certain I will be inundated with more "stoopid" calls today. I am hoping the Teflon stupidity shield I have placed around myself will deflect a bit of the stoopid rays...we'll see.


Hopefully I will return to BrainCheese again tomorrow, having not been "punked" by too many calls...calls in which I want to "reach out and touch someone" through the phone lines, like AT&T used to advertise. Except I don't think they meant LITERALLY grab someone through the phone and pull their stoopid bodies through the wires!...me, hostile?!? Not a bit...LOL...

14 comments:

Steve said...

Imagine circus music playing in the background. As someone acts like a dodo, just picture clown music accompanying them. It's impossible to remain annoyed and you might find it hard not to smile.

LindseyO said...

Reminds me of when I worked at the local newspaper as a copyaide many years ago. I was "manning" the main line for the news desk and when it rang around 9:30 one night I picked it up expecting to answer some random - but legitimate - question like, "where is the crossword in today's paper." (Do you know how many of those calls we got every day? Seriously?)

Anyway, no. The person on the other end of the line asked me what time it was.

Yes, he took the time to look up the number for the paper's NEWS desk, called it, and asked me what time it was. Ohhhh-kayyyyyyyyy.

After I told him what time it was, he simply said, "Oh, thanks!" and hung up.

Stoopid stoopid stoopid. There is a reason I no longer work with the public!!

(Still, it did give me a good story to laugh about. :)

Have Myelin? said...

Stoopid people annoy me too. I annoy myself, therefore I must be stoopid.

LOL.

BRAINCHEESE said...

STEVE:

Mostly, I imagine the theme from the movie, "Deliverance" when dealing with stupid people...banjo picking, tabacco chawing Deliverance. You don't have any of THAT down south, do you?!? LOL

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

ZEE:

Sort of like calling 911 to ask what number you should call in case of emergency??? LOL

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

HAVE MYELIN:

I mostly only "annoy" myself when I'm awake...I'm not stupid when I'm asleep and dreaming...

LD

Steve said...

As a matter of fact, my neighbor and I were enjoying a little dueling banjos while we were sitting on the porch drinking moonshine and chewing on a thumb sized plug of Brown Mule. Pwit-tang!

How'd you know? :)

Bing da ding, da ding, da ding da diiiing.

Anonymous said...

Back when I was driving for Metro, I was going past Queen Anne when a woman flagged me down from across Mercer. I waited as she laboriously made her way across six lanes of traffic and came up to the door, panting, to ask, "Is this a bus?"

BRAINCHEESE said...

STEVE:

If I listen closely, I can hear the plink of the banjo all the way up here in Seattle...LMAO

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

ROJOO:

I'm actually curious now what you responded?!?

LD

Anonymous said...

I spread my arms wide to indicate the wonder of an articulated transit vehicle.

What's with all the Dutch on this page, anyway?

BRAINCHEESE said...

ROJOO:

Deutsch? Was ist los? Sie mögen Deutsch nicht? Verrückter Mann... (Dutch/German? What is wrong? You don't like German? Crazy man...)

You'll just have to 'splain what you mean by "Dutch" on this page...LOL

LD

Peej said...

Ok, this tells me that it's a very good thing we live on opposite sides of the country. My very favorite plan for living is "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance then baffle 'em with BS"

I think I'd annoy you. LOL!

BRAINCHEESE said...

PEEJ:

You just WISH you were "stoopid" sometimes...it's a bitch having certain answers and understandings...LOL

LD