Monday, June 04, 2007

I Say THIS To Insomnia...


The picture pretty much says it all...but just in case you are wondering what the heck I am talking about, let me do some 'splaining.


Couldn't sleep Saturday night and couldn't sleep last night...I'd say in the past 48 hours, I've taken in maybe 5 hours of shut eye. Not enough sleepy-time for this aged body to function. Perhaps it has been all of the exercise I've been incorporating into my routine (although you'd think THAT would have an opposite effect!)...or maybe it's the horror of hormones. Doesn't really matter at this point WHAT the cause is...I NEED SOME GOOD OLD FASHIONED, SHEEP JUMPING THE FENCE, DROOLING ON MYSELF SLEEP!


So, I'm off to drug myself with major tranquilizers in the middle of the day and hopefully arrest this insomnia streak...or at least put some clothes on the 'lil insomnia streaker...before I find MYSELF running naked down the street from sleep deprivation!
Hold my calls, please...

8 comments:

Steve said...

I guess that pretty much says it all! I feel ya, though! I've been running a deficit since my hip's been giving me grief. I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks and it's definitely getting to me.

Good luck.

Have Myelin? said...

I count sheep with algebraic equations.

LOL.

BRAINCHEESE said...

STEVE:

A picture is worth a thousand words...or at least some philosopher became famous with that quote a long time ago!

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

HAVE MYELIN:

That is a scary thought!!!!

LD

Sara said...

I remember being little & trying to count sheep, but then I'd get so into the counting I'd almost wake up more - that or I'd be drifting off to sleep & a wolf/fox would jump up & eat one of my sheep. Interestingly I couldn't fall asleep last night, but that was b/c I was too busy chatting online - BAD SARA!!!!

BRAINCHEESE said...

SARA:

Although not analytically trained in background, "someone" would have GREAT fun analyzing that dream!!!

LD

Silverstar said...

Insomnia sucks! I have trouble getting enough sleep too sometimes and feel like I would do anything just to get a solid 9 hours.

BRAINCHEESE said...

SILVERSTAR:

9 hours?!?!? I don't think I've had nine, straight hours of sleep EVER that wasn't drug or alcohol induced...LOL

But, yes...insomnia DOES suck...big time...

LD