Saturday, November 03, 2007

Adventures Aboard The Caranda...

I have been meaning to post a little sumpin' sumpin' about a recent sailing adventure I took with two of the most delightful people I know...Horhey & Merrinuts (aka, George & Lynne). I advised them (make that "warned them") the adventure WOULD make Cheese blog headlines...it's just taken me a bit to git 'er done.


So in honor of my most excellent sailing trip (which I had waited to be invited on for the past 8 years...when that didn't happen, I just invited myself!) this past month, I have rewritten the lyrics to one of my favorite childhood sitcoms. You guessed it...GILLIGAN'S ISLAND!!! It seemed only fitting this sailing trip with these two folks should be forever placed to song...LOL


Sung to the Tune of "Gilligan's Island Theme Song"

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a grateful trip
That started from this Northwest port,
Aboard this sailing Ship. The Cap'n was a mighty sailin' man,
His deck hand brave and sure,Three passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour.


A three hour tour. (Of Lake Washington)




The weather started getting cold,
The sun was about to set
If not for dragging in the deck cushions,
The seating would get wet.


The seating would get wet. (With evening dew)


The Cap'n steered the ship to dock
Like Andretti behind the wheel,
The deck hand went below the ship
To prepare a delicious meal.


To prepare a delicious meal. (Of homemade soup, salad, bread, and a sinful dessert!)


So this was my trip of sailing upon
The boat of George and Lynne,
It was a most relaxing time
To spend a day with friends.

To spend a day with friends. (Even if I did have to beg the ride for the past 8 years...finally my whining paid off!)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like a fantastic 3 hour tour :)

Bubbie said...

Looks Like a fantastic time with great friends. I'm jealous. I live in the land of sailboats and yachts and no one will have me aboard. My sea sickness is lengendary.

Miss Chris said...

Thanks. Now I can't get the Gilligan's Island theme out of my head! lol

pb said...

Looks heavenly, you lucky duck!

Anonymous said...

I just want too take some time too thank the active members for doing what you do and make this community great im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.