Wednesday, October 31, 2007

For The Newly Diagnosed...Or Anyone, Really...

I came across this song and, after listening closely to the words, decided I needed to share it. It is by Kendall Payne, a wonderful folk singer...I doubt she wrote the song with Multiple Sclerosis in mind, but something about the words just seemed to "fit"...enjoy.

Kendall Payne.mp3


And here are the words:

Such a lovely day to carry on your shoulders
It turned from blue to grey and you seem so much older
But its worth all the money in the world to find a way back to
normal
If there’s such a place

The doctor called your name and things became so sober
I suppose the price we’ll pay will be worth it when it’s over
But it takes every effort to believe in the unseen when you see
clearly
That thing’s are not okay

Well I know you are frightened, and I know you are angry
And I know you tired of the unknown
But I am beside you, and I will remind you
That you don’t have to go it
alone

Seems a tailor made sickness for your sins dear
If you planned your life away we never would be standing here
But with an impending bitter end
You have learned the lesson how
The sweet is in the now

Well I know you are frightened, and I know you are angry
And I know you tired of the unknown
But I am beside you, and I will remind you
That you don’t have to go it
alone
Alone, Alone, We are not alone, Alone, Alone, Never, Not
alone

There are no guarantees, no promise they can make us
Our faith’s a fighting seed planted deep in desperate trust
I will take every moment I can get
And won’t regret I share your name
To Love is worth the pain

7 comments:

Peej said...

Hmmmm... never heard of this singer. Guess I'll have to check her (I'm assuming it's a her)out.

Thanks for the head's up!

You better today?

Bubbie said...

Beautiful song with a clear and honest voice. It speaks to anyone facing the uncertainties that is LIFE.
I've been getting the feeling (maybe it's the date) that if I look up in the sky I'll see a witch writing our names in the air...SURRENDER.

Have Myelin? said...

Gulp. We have our song now.

Unknown said...

how are you feeling today?

Sharon said...

We have a theme song. Next one chose something a bit more upbeat.
Sharon

Joan said...

Oh boy, now I can't stop crying... This song is powerful. Our faith IS a fighting seed planted in deep desperate trust. And we do have to embrace the sweet that is in the now. sniffle sniffle BAWL!!!!

Diane J Standiford said...

Never so true as one who lives with MS and a partner who is also disabled. At least we are never alone. I thank my lucky stars every day.