Sunday, October 14, 2007

Discouraged...

Feeling overwhelmingly like hammered "chit" today and called off for work in yet another desperate attempt to get my system rebalanced...most discouraging. Awoke after only 3 hours sleep, sweating profusely, having sharp pains in my chest, watery eyes (realized later I had been crying in my sleep most likely from the pain in my chest), nausea, extreme weakness, muscle spasms in my lower back, AND, initially panicked I was having a heart attack. But, being the "good" health care professional I am, I quickly assessed the medical condition raging before my eyes, noted my pulse, pain, and symptoms more closely (had incredible heartburn raging in my gut, most likely Prednisone-induced), and promptly dragged myself into a tepid bath to get my body temperature decreased...this seemed to help considerably. The chest pain was/is not typical cardiac in nature, so I've ruled out heart attack...it's just...*effing* MS. Decided to take medical matters into my own hands (since Dr. SWWNBN is still out of the country) and popped some major tranq's, Baclofen, and a Zofran for the nausea...yes, I DO practice medicine without a license! Fell back to sleep for another 2 hours and now trying to mentally meditate myself into a state of neurological quiet.

On another note...you may see I've added a Google Talk box at the bottom left-hand side of the info vertical info bar...you may see a few of you have been placed in the contact area. You should have received an "invite" to Google Talk from me and if you are interested in having this feature available to chat with one another, just sign up. If not, tell me to *eff* off and I'll remove your name(s)...just experimenting with a way of possibly connecting people other than in the comments section of CHEESE. Let me know if this works or not...

Off to lie down again...I have dropsy...

10 comments:

Joan said...

Sigh - another lousy day, I see. Thanks for setting up the GoogleTalk - I signed up.

I wish we didn't have to work.

Joan.shortinthecord

Bubbie said...

I can't figure out how the Google chat works...don't think it's the MS, just me.
I can't sign in..I', already a googler..and the box is stationery..no place to insert text. back to the drawing board.
So what's up with all these symptoms? Soly side effects? Certainly you've been dosed enough...
hope your next Navatrone unfusion gives you relief.

Sara said...

well now that today was actually successful for moving, I'm sending good thoughts your way, I must admit I was a bit side tracked on Saturday after the disasterous start to me move, but totally focused on sending postive thoughts your way & maybe even a bit of sun, since I had it all weekend long, maybe the Brits are bing a bit greedy with sun these days - LOL

Diane J Standiford said...

LD,I'm no RN nor MD,but you sure are on a lot of drugs for RRMS only DX 4yrs. I could never handle so many at once. And all the MRIs, wow, I hope SWWNBN is all there. I have had some...interesting experiences with Seattle docs. All those drugs--you should be feeling better than you are. (haven't been licking lead, I hope?)

BRAINCHEESE said...

JOAN:

Amen on that "work" thing! LOL Oddly, most days when I'm feeling well, I really ENJOY my work...it's only when the MS bug bites my ass that it becomes drudgery.

How have you been BTW?

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

BUBBIE:

I'll have to continue TINKERING with the Google Gadget...not sure it was designed to put on a blog. If I can't get it to work, I'll check with folks and see if they'd like to have something else as a means of chatting privately together...

And yes, what IS up with all these symptoms? I'm starting to think the Soly has completely knocked out my immune system based on what felt like flu-like symptoms all day today!

Novantrone is on Tuesday...still planning to live that long LMAO

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

SARA:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! You are moved and ready to relax into your new home...this is a wonderful thing.

Personally, I hate moving, but LOVE the "cleaning out" process to get moved.

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

DIANE:

Hmmm...not exactly sure how to respond, except to say I have full confidence in my neuro, who also allows me to manage PRN meds. I only take Wellbutrin, Dyazide, and Protonix daily...none of which are for MS (except the Well-butt). Like you, my primary goal is to remain gainfully employed as long as possible while trying to manage what has been diagnosed as "Aggressive RRMS"...simply put, nothing to date has been slowing down rapid lesion formation and symptomology, except recent Novantrone. I am not yet diagnosed SPMS because I DO still have some semblance of "recovery" between relapses and I also have not yet converted to "black holes" (T2's) on MRI's...I still show many acute lesions w/ inflammation.

I've also had "interesting" experiences with Seattle physicians and feel very fortunate to have landed eventually in my current neuro's office...I have asked her to treat me aggressively (there's that word again...LOL) and keep patching me up for the game as long as she can.

Oh, and I don't "think" I've been licking any lead paint, but my father WAS a painter, so I imagine I was pre-exposed to THAT, too! LOL

Take care,

LD

mdmhvonpa said...

I would tell you to 'Get well soon, or else!' ... but I fear that would not work on a surly curmudgeon like you.


Here is to the hopes that you do not feel worse in the future.

BRAINCHEESE said...

MDMHVONPA:

THERE YOU ARE!!! Back from the world of midgets and song!?! Hope you had a great trip with the Tyrants and will be posting some tidbits from your trip soon...

LD