Sunday, December 09, 2007

Exhausted...

I may have over done it this weekend...Friday and Saturday were snack mix day and today was the baking of several loaves of pumpkin and banana bread. I think I actually stood too long in my kitchen and now I am feeling the "burn"...well, at least it's not the "burn" of anything I was baking.

I get in these moods/experiences where I set my determination meter a bit too high...I take on too much at once...and then I pay the piper. You'd think after a few years of living with MS, I'd begin to plan better and "accommodate" this illness. But no...somehow like the magic of childbirth, I FORGET the literal pain I have inflicted upon myself in the past by doing too much. I only seem to recall the "magic" of the moments...and then I BIRTH another project. LOL


So, I am off now to bed with the help of my snooze pills. I also have not been sleeping well for the past several nights, which only compounds my sense of fatigue. It is time to get out the rubber hammer of pharmacology and force some shut eye since I still have one more day off on my furlough. I DO need to rest up somewhat before I return to work on Tuesday...at least that's what any NORMAL functioning person would do...rest...

3 comments:

pb said...

Have you noticed how it is just as much work to plan to rest as it is to plan to work?

Sara said...

just wanted to say a quick hello, i'm safely back in the uk, but not awake enough to read your brilliant writings, so will try to catch up later this week

Sharon said...

Ok, I'm putting in my order here to. I will take one loaf of banana bread please. Haven't had a good banana bread since my mom passed, plus the little stinker didn't leave that recipe.You haven't asked for my address yet.