Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Too Bizarre Even For Me...

I've seen a lot and I've heard a lot in my 43 years...I've sat and listened to delusional thoughts, paranoid thoughts, grandiose thoughts, homicidal thoughts, suicidal thoughts, depressed thinking, manic thinking, sociopathic thinking, and occasionally what we deem "normal" thinking in my career in the mental health field. I've witnessed the aftermath of people doing unthinkable things to themselves in bizarre suicide attempts. I've been a witness for the prosecution in a murder case where a man was brutally stabbed to death and died beneath my hands as I attempted to contain his blood loss. I've stopped for car accidents and transitioned more than my share of souls to their heaven or unknown as they have passed in my presence. I've grown accustomed to the "abnormal" of this society...to violence and to death...and, by and large, THIS has become my norm for the world.

But this story coming out of Tyler, Texas, is even too bizarre for me to wrap my head around... http://www.komotv.com/news/national/13489727.html

8 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

I guessed it before I clicked, really a new one for me too.(wait, what does that say about US? Oh well.) The ears just gets me every time. This was first thing I shouted to my sweet partner when she woke up. (But she is used to me. I think she replied, "Uh-huh.")
I've studied abnormal psychology...no chapter on this.

Miss Chris said...

This is more than I can wrap my mind around. There are no words...

Another story in the news today has me equally appalled...the man who threw his 4 children off a bridge to their deaths. What is happening in this world...

Bubbie said...

"abbey-normal" even for the seasoned pros. I think to some degree everyone is capable of violent acts and crimes against humanity, but this "degree" is off the charts. Incarnite evil? a twisted gene in the DNA? or just terribly *%#ked up?

BRAINCHEESE said...

DIANE:

This kind of crap is covered in forensic psychology...no other slot it will fit into. Hard core crazy...

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

MISS CHRIS:

And what about the dude in Idaho that cut off his hand and microwaved it? I imagine he'll be spending the rest of his life in an Idaho State Hospital...

LD

BRAINCHEESE said...

BUBBIE:

We are ALL capable of the unthinkable...because we can THINK it. 99% of us just never ACT on the unthinkable. Thank goodness...

LD

Callie said...

Did her Mother call the cops when she witnessed her leaving without shoes, purse or cell phone? Does that in itself raise a little bit of suspiscion. That is Horrific!

Have Myelin? said...

ACK! Let me outta here!