Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Scent of Insanity...

I think I'm having olfactory hallucinations, which started right after my Tysabri infusion began this afternoon (and I'm pretty certain this experience is NOT one of the *adverse reactions* listed on the Tysabri pages!). Either that or, I've been secretly dousing myself in a bitter smelling perfume. I've been smelling this intense "odor" on and off all day...and I don't WEAR perfume! Perhaps it is just the scent of insanity wafting through the air? (Or maybe I should check the bottoms of my shoes?!? I did seem to find myself wading in some rather mucky waters today. Argh, argh) LOL

And speaking of things smelling fishy (well, actually what I'm smelling is NOT fishy...it's like a really bad $10 Avon perfume!)...a big "shout out" to the Club Med CEO I met with today at...well...CLUB MED. Now that I know you've been reading this blog, I thought I should formally welcome you! My brain may have rotted away my executive functioning, but my *manners* remain intact...LOL

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, have had those hallucinations. Especially at work, where I try to track down the smell, but never am able to. That's when I realized they were hallucinations.

S.

Tricia said...

Wow the CEO reads your blog? Too funny - did she like the CEO Barbie reference! :)

Hope the meeting went well.

Lisa Emrich said...

So. The big CEO has been doing some research, huh? How very (icky) sweet of her.

Hey, I checked out your following at IV yesterday. You have fans who date back to AOL days. Wow, that's loyalty.

Then I saw lots of elbow rubbing with Ms. Lauren over there as well. Nothing like having a double spy, now is there? But to be fair, she is trying to help make it so that many more MSers will experience the joys of the Ty juice.

Anyways, yeh I'd check those shoes. Sounds like the big wigs at Seattle's Medical Conglomerate (ie. Club Med) are trying to overwhelm your senses so that the ol' MS brain decides to slow down to a halt. Am I right?

You better tell, girl, so that any other MSer who might be contacted by CEOs know what exactly they're in for. Perhaps that was the strategy of the pharma CEO who requested a teleconference with me and trapped me on the phone for 2.5 hours. He was trying to use up my brain power before I was given a polite opportunity to ask the important questions.

I shared my CEO meeting with all ya'll MS bloggers. I hope that you will as well. (argh, argh)

"Did you ever know that you're my heeeerroooo?"

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Oh, see, this is not something I want to hear! I'm getting ready to starty Tysabri and I don't want to go around smelling funky stuff!
Are you sure you just didn't flip through an Avon catalog while getting your infusion?
*please say yes, please say yes*
Hope it goes away soon!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear about your meeting, Nurse Ratchet...
Hope you're feeling well and sh*t!
Cheers
T

Have Myelin? said...

Nurse Ratchet? Hehehe...

I too have olfactory hallucinations BUT I thought it was just me. Now I see it's "us".

Now I feel more normal. The first time I smelled "smelling salts" and reacted strong as if someone had done just that to me... I smell all kinds of odd things. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it DOES.

So there. I suppose they want to lobotize me now.

Cathy said...

I wouldn't blame it on the Tysabri.
One day in my support group we jokingly started talking about things smelling wierd and it seemed everybody had gone thru it at one time or another.
For me, I kept thinking the dog had an accident in the house. Be happy yours only smells like cheap cologne. Mine stunk like sick dog !!