Thursday, May 25, 2006

Why DO We Wear Clothes Again?...Oh, Yeah. That Adam & Eve Thing...

I just spent half a day doing laundry. You'd think I have an entire room converted to a closet to hold my wardrobe based on that fact, but I don't. Ask any of my closest friends...they know I HATE to go clothes shopping. They can tell by the tattered look of the rags I wear. My closet consists of jeans, T-shirts, and work clothes. That's it. Nothing special in my small closet in the bedroom.

So why did it take me a half day to do laundry? Frankly, I have no idea! Perhaps I had accumulated several items to be washed because I just completed a 7 day stretch of work...that's right...7 days in a row without a day off. So there was no energy or time to wash clothes during my employment marathon. But I can't imagine I even HAD seven complete outfits to wear each day, given my closet choices!


It's not the actual washing or drying of the mountain o' clothes I mind. Good grief! A machine does both. All I am required to do is load the rags into one or the other machine, turn some knobs, and pay the electric and water bill. That's really not a big deal, except the bill paying part of course, which doesn't ever coincide with "laundry day".


What I REALLY loath about "laundry day" is having to iron, fold, and stuff the crap back into drawers or my tiny closet so I can take them out the next day and proceed to muck something up again! Who thought of this ritual? I'd like to blame it on the male species, but it's way too complicated of a task for THAT to have been the source.


I wonder if Adam & Eve ever had to wash, dry, fold, and put away their fig leaves? Just wondering...

No comments: