Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm Having A Bad Day...


Ok, this is my second attempt to blog here today...I had already written what turned out to be a just lovely piece about having a bad day, only to lose the darn thing while trying to save it! I truly AM having a bad day!

The blog was a yada yada about being homebound, watching Dr. Phil, having Oprah tap on my nerves...blah blah blah. I had mentioned I have worn sores on my own tongue today licking my wounds, etc. I talked about "respecting" the process of relapse (I'm giving it the finger right now as I type) and a few other inspiring, yet choice words about my day. The bottom line is, I'VE HAD A BAD DAY! No reason to crap on your parade today, however.

So, in the interest of redeeming my sulking personality, I will simply include my all time favorite poem and let this day tire itself out. The poem is called, "Finding Her Here", and it is from a collection of poems entitled, "I Am Becoming The Woman I've Wanted". It is written by Jayne Relaford Brown and may I be left unscathed and out of jail if I am breaking any rules by posting it here:


Finding Her Here

I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
grey at the temples,
soft body delighted,
cracked up by life
with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor--
that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep
weathered basket.
I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,
the growing up daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons
and sunrises.
I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,
who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce--
who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.

No comments: