Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Since I Seem To Be On A "Monthly" Theme Here...

It's that time of the month again...for my THIRD TYSABRI infusion, that is. I go into the office of Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named today to receive what will be my third (and possibly final) dose of the liquid gold this afternoon.

You may recall last month's angst I was having over whether or not I want to continue ANY on-going MS treatments at this stage of my disease process...that decision still looms out there on the horizon as I have agreed to receive one more dose of Tysabri, then make a decision...pending the outcome of how I feel FOLLOWING this third infusion. I remain unconvinced my sudden onset of neck/back/joint pain in April has not been the direct affect of my infusions versus Degenerative Arthritis (as previously diagnosed by Dr. SWWNBN). I DID go to one session of physical therapy as "commanded" and have two more sessions scheduled in the following weeks...but neither I NOR my PT, Madam Z, are hopeful there is much she can do to improve what feels like a systemic reaction to *something*.


As the month of June progresses, I am attempting to deal with/avoid (it's all a matter of prospective!) the loss of a dear, retiring friend at work and I will be frantically whirling into preparations for my sister's visit the first week of July...so far, I'm not all that "keen" on June...sigh. I WILL continue to post submissions from the "draft" here on CHEESE to delight and entertain you, while sprinkling in a smattering of my own dramatic drivel. It seems my Sunday "Carrie" post may have put a few of you over the edge (LOL), so I will try to find more palatable topics for the remainder of the month...like bowel movements or something... :-)


Off to shower and dress for my early afternoon event...one wouldn't want to be disheveled for the likes of Dr. SWWNBN's office! She might withhold my Tysabri again and send me for another MRI in hopes of finding my CONSCIENCE somewhere in the black and white pictures...

6 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Well, here's to hoping that you don't feel any worse tomorrow than you do today.

Meaning - hope all goes well.

Miss Chris said...

Your "Carrie" post didn't gross me out. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a topic that would send me over the edge. But that doesn't mean for you to try, okay?

Unknown said...

I'm up for reading anything -gross or not. I'm so used to discussing bodily functions with so many (complete strangers) docs and nurses and having so many folks see various parts of me inside and out, I think I can handle just about anything now.

Good luck with Number 3.

s.

Anonymous said...

Hoping your final infusion goes well. Thanks for stopping by my brain to check out my creations.
Stay inspired!
Michelle
Expand your mind ~ visit Brain Angles

Joan said...

I hope your Tysabri infusion went well!

Sounds like you have a very rough month or two ahead of you, so don't worry if you can't post every day. I'll be watching for fun updates when you feel like it.

Denver Refashionista said...

Hmmm... I wonder about the Tysabri. I am going to ask my mother (a holistic nutritionist) about the arthritis and see what she says...