Friday, July 10, 2009

Clawing My Way Out...

Well, not much to say about my good friend, Multiple Sclerosis...MS seems to have taken a brief vacation from my life and I've been walking around doing the "Who me?" whenever MS is mentioned. I'm also not SO dumb as to not knock on wood, count my blessings, and throw a pinch of salt over my left shoulder for good measure! But for whatever reason, I seem to be in a reprieve from MS symptoms at the moment. My shoulder pain has even lessened to a tolerable degree (**kissing my TENS unit now**)...no complaints here on the MS front.

After yet another bout of infectious disease that started last week as a cold and ended as...well...a cold, even my head is *de-congesting* quite nicely. I've had the past 4 days off from work, so I imagine the decrease in stress and increase in rest has helped to debug my system also. Now, if I could just learn to stop licking every emergency room floor on which I travel in my job, I bet these flu/cold bugs would have a harder time infecting!

Even my mood has begun to lift. I KNOW!?! Whoda thunk it??? After thrashing about in a state of depressed mood, I have begun to feel an increase in energy and well-being. Once I discovered (admitted actually...ahem) I was sinking into the muck and mire of a fit of *blue*, I decided I needed to take the bull by the horns (or the CHEESE by the chunk) and DO something to help elevate my mood. I started exercising, resting/napping more, cut out gossip from my life, and began delving into a new book called, "The Metabolism Miracle"...it's a book (yet another) about diet and alternate metabolism, which seemed to strike a cord with me (or, hit me over the head with a hammer). I've begun making adjustments to my intake in preparation for starting Step One of the plan and I'm already beginning to FEEL physically improved. I cut out Mt. Dew from my diet about 1 1/2 weeks ago...a main STAPLE...and, after complete withdrawal, I think I'm beginning to see the plan unfolding for a healthier intake.

There has also been the ongoing drama of refinancing the hut...I'll just leave that statement as is...but suffice it to say, MONEY is a pain in the butt as are most financial institutions! With interest rates so low, a decision was made to jump back into the mortgage mania one, last time...I'll be glad when this process is over and I can happily settle back into owing a financial institution my left kidney while pretending to own a piece of property that the BANK really owns.

I finally finished the mounds of laundry that have accumulated while I've been convalescing my cold...there's nothing finer than IRONED SHEETS to crawl into. Well, maybe clean underwear ranks a pretty close second. :-)

It's back to work I go tomorrow...I've been resting and actually enjoying the down time of the last 4 days so much, I almost forgot I am employed...almost. I'll step back into the *grind* tomorrow, but hopefully with a renewed sense of vigor and a head cleared of virus...the best way to approach a five day work week.

My nails appear a bit dirty from clawing my way out of this hole I've been in, but I imagine a good, psychological manicure will fix that just fine...who knows, I may even get back into reading all y'alls blogs soon. Scary thought, isn't it?!?...

11 comments:

Webster said...

Let me try to digest one thing... You IRON your SHEETS??? Whoa there, filly. It sounds nice - but...


Anyway - I'm glad you are feeling better. Treat yourself to a manicure!

Jen said...

Welcome back to the land of the living.......Ironing sheets, eh??

Bubbie said...

Has the Cheese slipped off the cracker? That's just waaaayyyy too Martha.

Bubbie said...

BTW: Very cool image....you made it?
And...I'm happy to hear your MS has been more silent...Be well.

Have Myelin? said...

IRONING SHEETS???

You must be chees-ing me...say it ain't so, Martha.

Blinders Off said...

Glad you are feeling better

Kelley said...

Linda,
So glad to read that you are recuperating both physically and mentally. Hope the trend continues.

And a big ol' WTF? regarding the ironed sheets! GH is almost OCD about housecleaning and laundry (and boy did he pick the wrong partner if he wanted another neat freak!) but he has never, NEVER ironed the sheets! My mind is blown! I must go clean the bits of compromised myelin on the floor...

Peace,
Kelley

harkoo said...

I can reveal to your readers that you let us know along time ago that you iron your sheets...I have kept reading and still accept you. Have you enjoyed gardening now that you feel better? Glad you got a rest.

Miss Chris said...

So glad you are having good karma. Here's to hoping it continues!

Blindbeard said...

I have to join in with the multitudes and say, in shocked disbelief, "You iron your sheets?!" Wow. What an exercise in futility that is! I toss and turn so much and along with all the animals in my bed that having pressed sheets is something I would not get a chance to enjoy.

Raini said...

Glad you are feeling better!