Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Have Hope In Canada...

Still running a fever...still trying to cough out a lung...still unable to breathe via the dam block of snot clogging my sinuses and nostrils...still snowed in up to my knees...still having a worsening of MS symptoms BECAUSE of my fever.

That happiness aside, I just read this morning over on Shauna's blog , that I have obtained *honourary* Canadian citizenship!!! I am soooo excited about this prospect...it has given me reason to try to fight whatever is gripping my chest/lungs/head rather than hoping I die in my sleep. And for Shauna, I post the following picture...because I want you to know, I do NOT take my *honourary* Canadian citizenship lightly. I mean, I WAS practically a Canuck before this:
Note even the ANNE MURRAY selection of music! And that's pure, Nova Scotian right there...I'm pretty sure if I own or have listened to ANNE MURRAY at any point in my life, this qualifies me for Canadian *honourary* citizenship.

Real fever mixed with cabin fever has me looking like this:
I have been limping around the hut, talking only through the use of my left index finger, bobbing it up and down, and saying things like, "Red Rum", and "Talk to Tony", to the Princess O' Darkness. She is neither amused nor impressed. In fact, she has decided it is important for HER to take up a major portion of my couch and ignore me completely...derned P.O.D:






6 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

When everything else fails, there's always HOPE. :)

And look at that pretty princess who looks an awful lot like my mischievous Musette (who is a sweetie too). Furry friends are the best.

Webster said...

I feel so BAD for you, m'dear, for having to endure this crazy confluence of horrible weather, an absence of services, and the symptoms of influenza and MS. I hope you are keeping warm and hydrated, and are not in need of any provisions. I'd wish you a Merry Christmas (or to be PC, Happy Holidays), but under the circumstances I think I'll stick with Happy New Year - because it has to be better than this.

Miss Chris said...

As if it's not bad enough to be sick, dontcha just love the way it turns up the ole MS? Hope you're better PDQ!

Jen said...

My own cat Sandy boxes me out of my warm spot when I make one of my middle-of-the-night bathroom trips. Or I wake to find his head up my ass (another warm spot?) Always making concessions for him because I'm so whipped..

Have Myelin? said...

Anne Murray is Canadian? Wow. I love her. And I own my very own copy of Mrs. Mike!

Blindbeard said...

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have an alter ego that I call Tony. He is in the shape of a finger puppet lady bug. The kids think he is great but my sisters and mom hate him because he can spew some really negative things when I'm feeling irritable, so I have to keep him hidden because they want to destroy him. Its nice to be able to say what I'm thinking and have everyone mad at Tony. Maybe you need a Tony in your life? And maybe I should introduce Tony to the world...