Monday, October 27, 2008

I Wanna Be THAT Guy!...

I know why they're there...sort of. Those *image verification* passwords some of y'all have on your comment section of your blogs. And, usually after THREE or FOUR tries, I can type the right crap/sequence of letters or numbers in the box and leave my ever-so-witty comments on your blogs! Sometimes this particular process takes me longer than it does to "finger fly" on the keyboard and TYPE my ever-so-witty comments (as most of you can tell by the level of THINKING my comments require. LOL).

Ever now and then, however, one of these image verification thingamajiggies just gets me rolling with hysterical laughter (and *maybe* it's from frontal lobe lesions w/ my MS, too...perhaps).

Like, for instance (and I kid you not), tonight I was over at pUNKrOCKfAIRY's blog (or some spelling like that) reading a very heartfelt post about (what else?) MS and I typed out my comment...I was trying to be "all that" and philosophical with my comment. I was *trying* to be a voice of maturity and wisdom. Until I got to that blogger-image-verification-thingamajiggy and went to type in the letters required to get past the Post Police and LEAVE said comment splattered on her comment wall.

The image verification password I had to type in was P - H - A - A - R - T. phaart. I don't know about YOU, but I'd pronounce that (using the Queen's English) as FART! OMG!!!!

OK, I KNOW there is not a *person* per se who generates these image verification codes, but I really WISH there was because I WANT TO BE THAT GUY/GAL! I've got LOT'S of things I'd like the opportunity to spell out in code (and if you've read much here on CHEESE, you've already noted not only classic spelling ERRORS, but deliberate miss-spelling of words)...Like say *Ubeauch*, or *byteme*, or *effoff*, or *phatcow*, or...my ideas are endless!

Hmmm...you KNOW, if this little psych nurse gig I've got going on ever dries up, I smell a new profession on the horizon!...*gottagogh*, *bbaksoon*...

**(huh, huh...I said fart)**

5 comments:

Muffie said...

Brain...
It's also a lot of fun to use the numbers of the phone keypad, e.g., your Ph... would become 742278. I did that on our copier ID system and really had fun with my four-letter "words!" Ah, life's little pleasures.
MiSsy

Miss Chris said...

I, like you, hate these little comment verification thingys. I usually have to take 2 or 3 tries before I get it right!

Denver Refashionista said...

It usually takes me several tries to get the letters in too.

Jen said...

Sometimes they read out as words, and other times they cryptically do (these are the coded ones? Like "phaaaaaaartttt"?)... And sometimes they are complete gibberish. It's the coded ones that trip me up, where I think someone is messing with me....

Walk Stars said...

The one on your screen shot isn't bad. Some of them are almost impossible for my 43 year old eyes to make out.

I think the very unclear word verification and the blue text/black background are both attempts by the younger folks to keep us old people away!