Friday, May 23, 2008

You're Kidding Me, Right?!?...

Had the "comin' to Jesus" with Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named today...the talk. Made my point(s) about continuing MS treatment...she made hers. I'm still spinning a bit from our meeting. She wants to refer me to a neurosurgeon because of my neck (WOOT?!?)...it appears my latest diagnosis of degenerative arthritis is causing compression in my spinal cord based on my recent MRI findings...allegedly why I now have numbness in my hands bilaterally and weakness.

Screw the MS...joke's over...this isn't funny anymore...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No words but sorry Linda. I go see my neuro today. Definitely not looking forward to it now. I can honestly say I don't like the word 'neurosurgeon'. ((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))
Michelle
Stay inspired!
Expand your mind ~ visit Brain Angles

Lisa Emrich said...

I'm so sorry Linda.

Sara said...

surgeons always make me nervous!

Steve said...

It seems like when it rains, it pours. I remember for a while there, my MIL was going through hell. Of course, she's had MS for a LONG time now, and then breast cancer and all of the joy that goes along with that. Then cancer AGAIN (even though she no longer had breasts!) Then the radiation was burning her skin, so they put her on prednisone, which caused an allergic reaction, then diagnosed as diabetic.

Fortunately, she's acheived some stability once again, but DAMN! Can't a person catch a break from time to time?

Spaz Attack said...

Hey Cheese It

Life sucks and then ya wanna die ... problem is it seems that only the good die young. You ain't that young anymore, so hate to tell ya LD that Jesus ain't ready for you yet. So suck up that super caffinated Mountain Dew to give your body the extra energy to grieve, cry and bang your numb hands against the wall. And then soldier on. It's frickin hard but your comic depicts the situation well ... you're just too tangy and nutty to give up and stay down for long.Plus, this latest kink gives you more fodder for your wickedly good sense of humor

Spaz

Jeri Burtchell (TickledPink) said...

This sucks. ((((hugs))))