Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Surprise!...

Sad, but true...there are now 116 MS Blog links over there on the CHEESE side bar. I now know of 116 people diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, which sux really, if you think about it!

The latest to be added just today to the ol' "read 'em and weep" (often tears of laughter, I might add...ye ol' MSers can be quite humorous in tragic presentations!) is : Run To Live: A "normal" Life With Multiple Sclerosis .


I occasionally take the time out of my busy schedule of navel lint contemplation (aka, total self-absorption) to tell all y'all when I add someone new to the "list"...sometimes I don't. Not because I don't like what I READ when I discover someones MS blog for the first time...but more so because...well...I'm lazy! Yep, my mother was right all those years when I didn't want to do my chores...sigh.


But the blog I'm talking about above caught my eye this morning (from a comment on CHEESE left by the blog author, FRAU1979)...it is written by a 28 year old who was diagnosed with MS at age 18, while still in High School. I cannot in my wildest dreams IMAGINE what receiving an MS diagnosis must have been like at that age. 10 years post diagnosis (and LIVING with the disease), this young woman writes about truly LIVING with MS...and growing...and becoming.


Check it out if you have time...FRAU1979 is a nice breath of fresh air. At least she/her writing is to THIS aging, degenerative arthritic, MS body...

2 comments:

Miss Chris said...

Your picture on this post really caught my eye. I'm an I Love Lucy freak. I'll definitely check out that new blog.

Sara said...

love that photo!