Saturday, March 15, 2008

Occupying Space & Time...Like Air...Only Less Useful!...

Yeah, OK...so I'm trying to keep myself occupied this weekend while NOT thinking about my crappy MRI. Dr. She Who Will Not Be Named has assured me (direct quote from email), "Don't be freaked - we'll just get you going on the tysabri and you'll be good."...in response to my email, saying I was feeling a bit pensive, concerned and a "little freaked out"! But, there I GO again...thinking about that...sigh...

Note the new LINK (no, not the one in the picture) at the upper left side bar? THIS has been something I have worked on to keep myself otherwise occupied...a "chat space" just for CHEESE readers! I don't know how or if this will ever be utilized by any of you...I'd say, "Talk amongst yourselves", but you may already be DOING that in the gazillion MS Chat spaces and forums on the Web. And some people abhor the idea of sitting at a computer and TYPING to each other when the phone is within reach or an email will suffice. WHATEVER! I've put it up there anyway...


Depending on my upcoming schedule (whether at work, home, or dead), I have been considering posting specific "chat times" that I will wait by the chat window for anyone who wants to join in...if there's any interest in this, I might also include "chat time and topic", specific for MS readers (all two of you). Again, I have NO idea if any of you would consider this useful, helpful, or more particularly FUN...but let me know your thoughts. You can sign in anonymously, under your "pen" name, or any fictive name you can reasonably spell...or, to make it easier on the typical crowd here, YOUR SCREEN NAME YOU USE TO LEAVE A COMMENT. You do NOT have to sign up for anything, sign your real name, OR sign to donate a kidney...it's pretty simple really. But again, whatever...LOL


In other exciting news, I DID try to take off my right thumb nail today with my Dremel ! I had been searching and searching for the perfect thin and small shelf for my hallway without success...so...I got the "bright" idea to make one. After all, I'm actually pretty skilled with power tools and have (pre-MS) done many a remodeling project in my day.


I've decided I am far more skilled with power tools that could potentially take an arm or a leg off than I am with small, hand-held tools that spin at a rate of about 20,000 RMP's per minute. Yeah, you guess it...one little "slip" of the operating hand, and a dentist powered drill gets released into the wild...and, as is typical, lands on my thumb nail. AND, this is not the first time in my history with using a Dremel that I have DONE this!!! About 10 years ago, I really DID bore a Dremel-sized hole into my thumb and nail...please...let's all say it together...OUCH! Oh wait...y'all said "DUMB A$$" when I said "OUCH"...I HEARD you! **Step away from the tiny power tool**


Hopefully I will remember to tell you tomorrow the not-so-funny-in-the-moment-yet-highly-Hi-Larry-Us-now tale of getting up in the night to go to the bathroom and forgetting to LIFT the seat lid when I sat down to pee...and urinating, with warm uric acid splashing down to the floor before realizing what I was doing. I already know I will be pure H-E-L-L if I live long enough to find myself in a Nursing Home!!! But, I guess I've already told you this prime story I was reserving for TOMORROW, so we can all await with baited breath (where DID that saying come from?!?) what shenanigans I will pull between now and my next post...(I DO still have a small bit of Dremeling to do...perhaps I could ram THAT into my eye before tomorrow?)...

5 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Linda, girl, shalacking walls with the windows closed and fumes galore, messing with power tools, etc. etc. You are dangerous.

Don't worry about the bathroom floor. I used to have very vivid 'dreams' that I'd gotten up, gone into the bathroom, sat down, relieved myself, to wake up still lying in bed and WET!! yuck.

Miss Chris said...

A "Cheese" chatroom? Sounds cool!

Steve said...

I have never been a chatroom type person but I'd be down for some cheese chat.

Unknown said...

I am not much of a "chat room" guy but I used to be when I was younger. My mind is too slow to get involved in a chat room.

Virginia Phillips said...

You make me laugh, Linda - thank you! - but I do hope the thumb is better today.

“Cheese-Chat” sounds like a great idea. You won’t find me there, though – much too fast (even this is being drafted on Word!).

Take care with those tools!

Virginia

P.S. I did the lid bit with the commode one night - thanks for reminding me. Not good!