Wednesday, May 09, 2007

DOWNSIZE ME Update...

Just a quick post before I head off to bed (without any tranq's tonight since I have to get up at the crack of...you know...for a staff meeting). Tomorrow begins what is otherwise known as "hell week" as I start off the beginning of a five day stretch of DAY SHIFTS with a staff meeting as the kick off. LOL




I had every intention of going to the grocery store today and "pre-purchase" my ice cream, malt, and chocolate syrup for the "end of Downsize Me" bash I plan to have on the weekend...as I said, I HAD every intention. LOL But then the thought occurred to me, if I had these items in my home, I might not make it to the weekend...so I didn't go. I went clothes shopping instead (which is akin to having a root canal for me!).




I spent today...my one day off before working a straight 5-er (and please DO remember...I don't work a NORMAL set of hours. My days are anywhere from 9 - 10 1/2 hours long...yes, I'm whining.), completing chores around the hut, shopping for some much needed garments, repotting plants, and trying to enjoy the anomaly of something called "sun" outside in Seattle. All in all, it was a good day...and my fatigue level is sooooo much improved right now.




As you can tell by the "scientific" graph above, I HAVE been sleeping more and my fatigue level is less. Weight and blood pressure continue to remain constant, but that's OK. Who knows...once I binge on my homemade malt, I may just return to a caffeine-less diet (operative word in that sentence is "may". LOL)




I only hope this stretch of day shifts doesn't KILL me...or worse, that the days suck my will to live...LOL...

2 comments:

harkoo said...

I will be interested to see how your getting up early for the day shift works for you without caffeine--good luck facing the early morning without that boost of Mountain Dew! May you be a burst of sunshine for your coworkers!

BRAINCHEESE said...

HARKOO/JOYCE:

I actually made it through two of the five shifts...dragging a bit, but hanging in there.

"burst of sunshine" is hardly how my coworkers would describe me...more like a "burst of crap". LOL

LD