Friday, January 02, 2009

Rumor Has It I May Actually LIVE Through This...

OK, I only FEEL like Sigourney Weaver staring down the throat of the Alien...but I still SOUND more like Brenda Vaccaro doing those Tampax commercials in the early 80's (or was it Stayfree Maxi Pads?!?).

Yes, a special brand of laryngitis/bronchitis/pneumonia STILL lurks in the deep recesses of my lungs, giving me a deep, raspy and throaty phone sex operator voice...but, before I go and change occupations completely (don't phone sex operators make a LOT more money than someone working in social services?!?), I'm going to give these antibiotics a few more days as they DO seem to be working on "whatever ails me" (that last quote is a *Pegism*...or better known as something my mother would say).

2008 left without fanfare as 2009 sneaked its way into my mundane life. I suppose had I felt well enough to acknowledge the winter holidays in December, I might have NOTICED 2008 leaving. But, as it was, November blended into December, I lost track of time, and... ~POOF~ Here's 2009 sitting on my doorstep like an abandoned baby somebody left behind, expecting ME to raise it!

I'm hoping to feel well enough soon to stop ignoring CHEESE (although most of you I imagine have probably ENJOYED the blather break) and return to my regular exploration of all things microscopically unimportant in my life. It's rather interesting (or at least to me anyway) that, while down and out with this respiratory illness, I was giving serious contemplation to calling a cease fire here on the ol' blog...frankly, I had grown SICK of my own drivel and lack of humor in my life. And FORCED humor writing is as transparent as fake burps...there's just no surprise in that.

Soooo, I was silently considering a blog escape. And then, I received this wonderfully written email from an unknown CHEESE reader telling me they (generic privacy here) were LEARNING something from reading my brain fart posts! WHOOT?!? How could it be so? But that's what the email said...and it inspired me (I'm sure by now the REST of my two readers are wanting the email address AND home phone number of this email-er so you can beat them over the head for EVER inspiring me onward!). A total stranger had been lurking on CHEESE and *learning* something...

One *might* think if someone is "learning" something by reading CHEESE, that the blog author *might* try to up their game a bit and widen that learning curve? Yeah, one *might* think that...but, I'm here to assure you (and disappoint you) there will be NO changes here on CHEESE. That's right...no changes and no new, big words. 2009 will be filled with the same old potty humor/bodily function humor/MS angst/MS crap/Mental Health issues/Rage against Big Pharma that CHEESE has ALWAYS supported...since March of 2006. We can all just sit back, relax, and pretend 2009 is just one, big, long extension of 2008!

And, rumor has it, y'all may actually live through THIS another year, too... :-)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank heavens it'll be the same "Cheese" we have come to know and love....we don't need no stinkin' big words...just the regular farts will do...

S.

Anonymous said...

And that's why we love you.

Denver Refashionista said...

Looking forward to more of the same. I learn things here too.

Diane said...

Always interested in reading more CHEESE. However, I'd personally vote to rather not extend 2008 and start fresh this year. New rage against big pharma, ms crap etc...lol :)

Blindbeard said...

Please don't leave us. I would really miss your humor because I too love a good fart/belch joke, hence why I live with such gassy people. Also I feel like we are kindred souls, something I don't like to admit too, being such a negative MSer and all...

catlover1968 said...

I guess in a way I don't feel so bad about having had bronchitis since Sept.
2008 was the year I found out I have copd, great, another MS thing....guess my years of yoga haven't helped...the deep breathing....blah, blah, blah...3 years of chronic bronchitis, to quote Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain."